(as of May 17,2020 11:09:24 UTC – Details)
Two healthy diets—one delicious cookbook
The DASH diet and Mediterranean diet are two of the most consistently recommended diets when it comes to healthy eating, so why not combine them into something even better? By unifying the benefits of these amazing diets, The Mediterranean DASH Diet Cookbook offers tons of simple recipes for delicious dishes that will keep your blood pressure low and your taste buds happy.
Find 100 recipes for breakfasts, soups, salads, entrees, and sweets that you and your body will love. Focused around nutrient-rich whole foods and the rich flavors and traditions of the Mediterranean, The Mediterranean DASH Diet Cookbook will help you learn everything you need to know to master this naturally healthy and delicious way to eat.
The Mediterranean DASH Diet Cookbook includes:
- Friendly diet advice—Discover a complete and concise guide that explains how and why this hybrid diet works, as well as the best ways to integrate it into your day-to-day lifestyle.
- 100 Mediterranean DASH diet recipes—Get the best of both worlds with this collection of heart-healthy dishes that includes plenty of pescatarian-friendly and plant-based options.
- Easy-to-make—Not a chef? Keep your kitchen stress-free (and your blood pressure even lower) with meals that anyone can learn to cook.
Dive straight into this tasty new way to eat (and live) healthier with the help of The Mediterranean DASH Diet Cookbook.
From the Publisher
TRY THIS SAMPLE RECIPE:
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 tables spoons lemon juice, zest of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
1 bunch (about 6 ounces) lacinato kale, stemmed and torn or chopped into pieces
Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Crispy Kale
1. In a large bowl or zip-top bag, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Mix well, then add chicken and artichokes. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Remove the chicken and artichokes from the marinade and spread them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
3. Roast for 15 minutes, turn chicken over, and roast another 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet and put chicken, artichokes, and juices on a platter or large plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Change oven temperature to broil. In a large bowl, combine kale with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange kale on baking sheet and broil until golden brown in spots and as crispy as you like, (3-5 minutes). Place the kale on top of chicken and artichokes.