(as of Jun 30,2020 07:47:25 UTC – Details)
Yes, you can eat keto as a vegetarian. Here’s how.
Although you may think the ketogenic diet is designed for meat eaters, vegetarians can enjoy its many benefits, too. Following the delicious plant-based recipes in Keto for Vegetarians can help with things like weight management, inflammation, and even mental clarity.
Learn exactly how the ketogenic diet works in your body, then use the shopping lists and 14-day meal plan to get started right away. Tips for success make it easy to shop for groceries, set up your kitchen for ketogenic diet cooking, and even figure out how to stay on track when eating out. The 100 tasty, easy-to-make recipes like Portobello Mushroom Burger with Avocado, Cheesy Dill Fat Bombs, and Parmesan Zucchini Chips will help provide the ketones you need to keep going.
Inside Keto for Vegetarians you’ll find:
- In to win―Tricks and hints to help you get keto-adapted and power through carb cravings.
- Keto veto―Learn tasty alternatives to foods that aren’t keto friendly, so that you can stay on track without sacrificing flavor.
- Love your leftovers―Get the most from your meals with tips on how to best save your leftovers for future keto-friendly snacks.
Enjoy the benefits of the ketogenic diet and vegetarian lifestyle all on one plate.
From the Publisher
One of many tasty recipes: Broccoli Quiche
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
Quiche dishes traditionally have a thick crust and combine eggs with various fillings. In this crustless keto version, broccoli takes center stage, with yogurt and cheese providing complementary tanginess. It’s a filling option that’s easy to make ahead of time in preparation for busy mornings.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, egg whites, Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Fold in the broccoli and cheddar cheese.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
5. Remove quiche from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This quiche will be thin, so don’t wait for it to puff up. Think of it more as a broccoli crêpe that you could even roll up to eat.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 egg, plus 5 egg whites
½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese