(as of Jan 15,2022 20:30:15 UTC – Details)
Omg I Lost 30 lb Using This
The Smoothie Diet: 21 Day Rapid Weight Loss
From the Publisher
FROM THE BOOK: Savory Stuffed Peppers
Serves 4 / Prep time: 25 minutes / Cook time: 6 hours on low
Keto quotient: Low.
There is something charming about stuffed vegetables, and this is an efficient method of combining ingredients in a handy, neat package. The stuffing ingredients are a guideline rather than a strict list of what you must use in the dish. Try different ground meats, chopped vegetables, nuts, and herbs to create spectacular variations. Serve this entrée with a high-fat side dish to balance the keto macros.
1. Lightly grease the insert of the slow cooker with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the beef and sauté until it is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower, tomato, onion, garlic, oregano, and basil. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Spoon the meat mixture into the green peppers and top with the cheese.
5. Place the peppers in the slow cooker and add the broth to the bottom.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
7. Serve warm.
Other vegetables can be used as the container for this savory filling if you are not a fan of peppers. You can also hollow out zucchini or acorn squash instead. You might have to adjust the cooking time to 8 hours or more to make up for the added vegetable size.
Macronutrients: 65% Fat, 28% Protein, 7% Carbs Per serving.
Ingredients 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided 1 pound ground beef ½ cup finely chopped cauliflower 1 tomato, diced ½ sweet onion, chopped 2 teaspoons minced garlic 2 teaspoons dried oregano 1 teaspoon dried basil 4 green bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ½ cup chicken broth
Publisher : Rockridge Press (June 27, 2017)
Language : English
Paperback : 192 pages
ISBN-10 : 1623159229
ISBN-13 : 978-1623159221
Item Weight : 1 pounds
Dimensions : 7.6 x 0.6 x 9.4 inches